Monday, July 30, 2007

Veteran Memorial Wreath

We have a wonderful veteran memorial wreath that I hang on our door for holidays to honor our family members. The wreath has pictures of our family that have served in the military from World War I to the present time. I placed assorted types of small United States flags between the pictures to add pride and color to the wreath. Some of the pictures are faded, so I have learned to make computer copies from the originals. This allows me to keep the original pictures of our family stored in special acid-free, lignin-free albums, away from constant light which may damage them.

Through continued research of vital statistic and archive records, I hope to find pictures of our family who have served in earlier military periods. Their pictures will then be added with honor and pride to the military wreath which we proudly display on special veteran's holidays.

No comments: