Tuesday, July 17, 2007

House Cleaning

House cleaning is not the favorite job of anyone I know, but it must be done to keep order in our homes. My most useful tool is a plastic carrier that has different sections in it for all the things I need to do my house cleaning with. Carrying it with me all through the house saves a lot of back tracking to get the items I need. It holds a bag of recycled dust rags, a 16 oz. bottle of water, toilet bowl cleaner and toilet brush, furniture polish, a non-scratch scrubber, window cleaner, paper towels, and all the other things I will need for my one trip through the house to clean.

When our children were at home, I would keep one laundry basket in each of their rooms. The rule was: All clothes put in the basket got washed, those that don't, won't! It didn't take long for them to realize that their favorite clothes would not be clean and ready to wear unless they followed the washday rule.

The Spring and Fall cleaning tasks can become a family fun affair. Split up the chores fairly and make a game of it with the team finished first getting a prize. The losing team could serve the other team dinner tonight, or the loosing team could do the dishes for a week. Either way, both teams win because they will have a cleaner home to live in!

No comments: